We are looking for a Junior Systems Engineer passionate about Linux to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Experience in designing, planning and executing infrastructure projects.
- Linux Expertise (+1 year). Nice to have some certification like LPI, RHCSA.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the following technologies: Apache web server, Tomcat, Oracle DB, Java, GIT, Jenkins.
- Experience in virtualization. (Ideally: OpenStack, VMWare).
- Some networking knowledge is a must. CISCO. Fortinet.
- Good communication and team work skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Availability to travel (very sporadically).
- Availability to be on call.
- Fluent in English.
Extra points for:
- Experience in security and performance tuning.
- Scripting knowledge is desirable (Ansible/Python).
- Some Windows knowledge is appreciated.
Scytl is helping revolutionize Democracy. Our secure election management and online voting solutions are helping organizations around the globe increase and improve participatory democracy, citizen empowerment and public transparency via innovative online technology.
Our small but highly energized company works with governments across all 5 continents, helping countries as different like the US, France, Spain, Norway, Brazil, Uganda, UAE, Switzerland, Canada, and Australia modernize their electoral processes making elections more engaging, participatory, transparent, accessible and secure.
For more info, please visit www.scytl.com
- Opportunity to be part of the worldwide leader in its market.
- Cross-cultural and International working environment.
- Creative and results focused team.
- Great central Barcelona Office.
- Flexible compensation plan.